Fuhu Inc., is the leading designer, seller and innovator of “thoughtful” consumer products and services for children. Creator of the nabi™ tablet, the world’s first tablet made just for kids, Fuhu provides an ecosystem of hardware, software services, and accessories to immerse kids in rich and engaging experiences. nabi ™ is available in all major U.S. retailers including Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and GameStop.
As the Lead Operations Engineer, for Fuhu’s omniService platform, you will be focused on scaling, monitoring and ensuring optimal performance of the various applications, servers, operating systems and other supporting infrastructure.
• Administer and performance-tune Linux Systems
• Heavy hands on involvement contributing in scripting/automation,
• Work closely with the Developers and QA team to ensure efficiency on Product Releases.
• Deploy a fully automated build/package/verify/push cycle for all principal components.
• Follow and create security policies and procedures that will ensure the protection of customer and corporate data
• Troubleshoot issues that arise with the application and escalate to engineering when necessary.
• Provide feedback to the engineering team on how the product can be improved.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in Linux administration, developing capacity planning and bench marking infrastructure
• 5+ years with hands-on experience running a 24x7 Production
• Knowledge of services, Python or Perl scripting
• Knowledge of automation tools Puppet or Chef
• Experience with release engineering processes
• Experience with Pre-production release management, stage the production setup and test prior to moving any release to production
• Experience with Monitoring solution, maintain SLAs, continually upgrade coverage terms
• Deeply understand internet services and update systems configurations to enhance reliability and performance.