Fuhu Inc., is the leading designer, seller and innovator of “thoughtful” consumer products and services for children. Creator of the nabi™ tablet, the world’s first tablet made just for kids, Fuhu provides an ecosystem of hardware, software services, and accessories to immerse kids in rich and engaging experiences. nabi ™ is available in all major U.S. retailers including Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop, and Target. The Interaction Designer / Information Architect will perform interaction design and research for new product features. Working with product managers, engineers, and designers to help evolve ideas for new and existing features, this team member will also create wire-frames and flows for our site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop user interaction model, site maps, work-flows, prototypes, and interface guidelines
· Collaborate closely with product, engineering and design teams to implement and ensure the development of a consistent and effective user experience
· Conduct usability research and translate the findings into design improvements
· Create interaction design through the entire product lifecycle, providing a range of tools and deliverables, including:
- use cases, user task flows
- user interface concepts and interaction models
- annotated wireframes
- information architecture, navigational structure
- documentation of design concept in detailed UI specs
· Conduct user and design research including: usability studies, user surveys, prototype testing, competitive product analysis, and latest industry & design trend research.
· Present and communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to the team
· Document actions by creating functional descriptions and completing functional specifications with product manager.
· Bachelor’s degree, or greater in Computer Science, Graphic Design or related field; strong technical background a plus
· Experience in a software development environment.
· Excellent conceptual, problem-solving and communication skills
· Experience building wire-frames, low and high fidelity prototypes, storyboards, and information architecture mapping
· Solid working knowledge of MS Visio, Omnigraffle, Axure, or other rapid prototyping tools.
· Strong knowledge of cross-platform compatibility required.
· Understanding of issues of accessibility in UI design.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
· Must be an effective problem solver.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
· A hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth environment.